Week Long “Days of the Dead” Celebration!
October 23, 2022
Announcing RFM Days of the Dead Festivities for 2022
Historically, our Day of the Dead Festival at the Riverview Farmers Market was just one one day – but this year, our festivities have blossomed to include the whole of the neighborhood. The festivities have expanded across the Heights community, and throughout the week of 10/30-11/4/2022! See our full schedule below – with even more exciting activities to come.
El Día de Los Muertos is a Mexican 🇲🇽 holiday traditionally celebrated on Nov 1 and 2 as a way to honor and remember lost loved ones. Join us at Riverview-Fisk Park on Sunday, October 30, at 12pm as we remember and celebrate lives lost together through a community Ofrenda (altar), Giant Puppet Parade by local Mexican-American artist Santiago Cohen, live music from @mariachiorodemexico, traditional dance from Sueño Americano, face painting, kids’ art projects, food trucks and more!
- FREE! Sunday, October 30: El Día de Los Muertos Festival at Riverview Farmers Market- 12PM – 2PM
- Kids’ art starts at 10AM; Face Painting starts at 10:30 AM; Parade starts at 12 Noon; Mariachi and Dancers perform at 12:30 PM
- Rain Date: Sunday, November 6th. Follow us on Social Media for updates
- FREE! Sunday, October 30: RNA’s Dog Costume Contest at Riverview Farmers Market – 1PM Registration; 1:30PM contest
- Sunday, October 30: Pumpkin Painting at Busy Bee Organics – 10AM – 12 PM (suggested $10)
- FREE! Sunday, October 30: Free Scavenger Hunt at The Cliff (all day)
- Monday, October 31: Origami Flower Making Class hosted by Ichiban To-Go – 4-6PM
- Wednesday, November 2: Flower Wreath Workshop hosted by Sure Things Vintage in partnership with Ekshathe (cost $25) Sign up here.
- FREE! Friday, November 4: Free Mexican Spirits Tasting hosted by Riverview Wine & Spirits – 6-8pm
- FREE! Friday, November 4: A free presentation of “Frida” by Sokolow Theatre/Dance Company at Grace Church – 7-9pm. Wine, beer, tacos available for purchase. Reserve your free seats here.
In addition – several of our community partners will also be providing special offers and opportunities to support other community partners:
– ModCup will be roasting a specialty dark roast and half of all proceeds will benefit the Riverview Farmers Market (available 10/21-11/4)
– The Lucky Honeybee will be selling Sugar Skull candles, with a portion of proceeds benefiting the food pantry at the Jersey City Heights Spanish SDA Church on Bowers St. (valid 10/14-11/4)
– Ichiban To-Go will be offering a Fall Specialty Roll and a portion of proceeds will benefit the food pantry at the Jersey City Heights Spanish SDA Church on Bowers St. (valid 10/15-10/31)
– Lil’ Dove Cafe will be offering a special Mexican Coffee all week long
– Chocopain will be offering breads and cakes with Day-of-the-Dead-themed stencils
– The Hair Room Part Too will be offering crown braids for $25 (valid 10/30-11/2)
– The Box Cafe will be offering a special Mexican Hot Chocolate Latte all week long
– The Cliff is offering 20% off all Mexican-inspired dishes and their watermelon mint juice and accepting donations for St. Lucy’s Emergency Shelter (valid 10/30-11/4).
– Sol Spirit Yoga & Wellness is offering 20% off class pack purchases (valid 10/10-10/31)
– Fox & Crow will be offering a spiked Mexican Coffee special all week long