We’re Hiring for the 2020 Season!
March 14, 2020
Calling all Farmers Market Lovers!
Do you love being outside, and interacting with your community? We’re looking for three Assistant Managers to join our team this season. Check out the job description below and apply if you’re interested!
Assistant Manager Position
The Riverview Farmers Market, organized by Farms in the Heights, is preparing for its tenth season, and we are looking for three motivated, professional, and committed assistant market managers to assist our Senior Market Manager from May-November 2020. Our market occurs every Sunday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, rain or shine.
- Assist in managing market operations from set-up to clean-up
- Assist in the management of SNAP/EBT Token Program and all needed grant compliance paperwork
- Assist in posting advertisements around The Heights and Washington Park neighborhood in preparation for Opening Day and other larger organized events
- Develop a positive relationship with vendors and customers
- Work with team to ensure daily protocols for market and compost program are followed
- Ensure compliance with FITH bylaws and Jersey City ordinances by market vendors
- Ensure that market grounds are clean after all vendors leave for the day
- Maintain organized storage of market supplies
- Follow instructions from and maintain communications with the Market Manager, FITH Board President, and other board members as needed
- Other duties as assigned, including handling all market manager duties if the market manager is not present.
- Ensure Riverview Farmers Market Market apparel is worn each Sunday
Experience: At least 1 year of relevant experience, including budget knowledge, supply maintenance/upkeep, experience working with the public, experience in retail and/or other customer service experience.
This role requires the physical ability to lift heavy items (20 lbs), the willingness to be out in the elements, and the energy to be on your feet throughout the day. The ability to develop good team relationships with staff, vendors and contractors; the ability to interface well with the public; strong customer service orientation and skills; excellent interpersonal and communications skills, good listener; strong organizing and problem-solving skills; great attention to details; and good knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Google Docs/Sheets and Drive.
- Extensive Quickbooks/Microsoft Excel/Google Suite knowledge
- Passion for local food, nutrition, health, and wellness
- Interest in Sustainability, Environmental Stewardship
- Grant accounting and grant management experience
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish speaking)
- Access to a car
- Full access to a computer and printer/scanner
The position of Assistant Market Manager pays $15.00/hour, to oversee each market day during the market season. In addition, the Assistant Market Manager is paid the same hourly rate for program support, grant management, and any other needed activities outside of market hours (roughly 3-5 hours per week).
For More Information
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
We will be taking applications throughout the rest of March and will be scheduling interviews in April.