COVID-19 Rules for the Market (2020)
May 30, 2020
Our opening day is this Sunday, May 31st, 2020 and we’ll have some new rules & regulations in place. We encourage all of our patrons to review the new guidelines, as this season will be different from prior seasons. We ask for your cooperation and patience during this time as we work to keep our customers, vendors and staff as safe as possible.
- If you feel ill, please stay home. If you have come into contact with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- All customers must wear masks or face coverings.
- Customers must be at least six feet apart while waiting in line and within the vendor booths.
- Customers are not allowed to touch the produce/food. Vendors will make selections for customers.
- Do not hand payment to vendors directly. Please place cash/credit cards on the table for vendors to pick up. If you placed an order with a vendor ahead of time for pick up, there will be a designated area to retrieve your order.
- On-site food consumption is prohibited.
- Do not linger at the market. Try to keep your stay to a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Avoid any hand-to-hand contact.
- No dogs are allowed at the market unless they are service dogs.
- Wash all produce before eating.
GENERAL MARKET GUIDELINES:
- Prepared foods will NOT be sold at the market. Only vendors selling agricultural products are allowed to participate in the farmers’ markets until further notice.
- The market must limit the number of customers within the market at one time.
- No music or other forms of entertainment are allowed at this time.
- The market WILL be accepting compost this season.
- There will be no sampling of products.
- All vendor staff must wear masks/face coverings and protective gloves, which must be replaced frequently.
Please note, many of the above guidelines were set forth by the City of Jersey City. You can review the full details of the guidelines in this official document.